Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Autolite Fl1 Oil Filters

(1/3) > >>

BOSSHiPo:
So,

New member here just joined.

I have a question for anyone here

My uncle passed away and left me cases of the original FL1 filters, I am told these are before the FL1A were made.

Would they work for an Original replacement?

Thanx!

J_Speegle:
Welcome to the site

--- Quote from: BOSSHiPo on July 11, 2023, 11:56:35 PM ---My uncle passed away and left me cases of the original FL1 filters, I am told these are before the FL1A were made.

Would they work for an Original replacement?

--- End quote ---

Depends on the year of car someone was restoring and when they were made. If you post a picture of one with the details. Lots of different versions. Main details is the number of rows of crimps, embossed wording on the top (if any) and for some date on the filter as well as the design. More details or maybe some pictures might help

They will "work" but guess, given the site your asking about originality/correct.

BOSSHiPo:

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for the info!

I currently don't have the stuff here at the house. I will have to get pictures when I go back to Indiana.

Most everything he had was from the mid to late 60's and early 70's

All different brands but a lot of Autolite and Motorcraft because he was a real Ford guy!

Joe

J_Speegle:
Let us know what you find. Remember that Autolie and Motorcraft were produced for non- FORD vehicles

BOSSHiPo:

Ok,

I just returned form my trip.

As far as the oil filters go, I found cases of new filters still in the original boxes.

Without opening all the cases they appear to be,

Early MotorCraft FL-1
 C1AZ-6731-A

Anyone know if there is any value with these??

Thanx!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version