Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

3M 8509 obsolete and unabtainable

(1/6) > >>

slk25:
I started to remove my leaking front windshield and had the presence of mind to look around for additional tubes of 3m 8509 Bedding and Glazing compound, since I only have one six year old tube on hand.
No parts store in my area has any of the 3M material, and when you look on the 3M website it says it is obsolete.
The local Napa guy says CR Laurence CRL7708 is equal, but reading the reviews online it appears to never dry out.
Has anyone on this forum use the 7708 material and what did you experience for difficulty installing the glass?

RoyceP:
Where do you live? NAPA shows it in stock.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MMM08509

carlite65:
that link shows out of stock for me.

Bob Gaines:
My link to my local stores shows for store pick up order today and pick up tomorrow for all of them as if it is available. However it says "We apologize this item is not available for shipping at this time. However, this item may be purchased at a NAPA store. If the item is not in stock at your local store, then your store associates can order the item for you. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for shopping at NAPA "- That is as of today in KC.

KevinK:
Windo-weld 8609 was good stuff.  I used it for gluing down the windshield trim on my wife's ASC.

Napa picture is different from the product description/number MMM 08509 Bedding & Glazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version