Author Topic: It's Seatbelt Inquisition Time -  (Read 10992 times)

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: It's Seatbelt Inquisition Time -
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Yes, It has the FoMoCo script in the center and along the bottom edge the coding I posted above:

H  B4A   1-64

I have no idea if these buckles were exclusive to the early mustangs, my guess is not. Maybe carried over from the Falcon until Ford came up with something exclusive to the Mustang. Disclaimer: the afore mentioned is my opinion not based on fact or research.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
I have the same ones as Greg in my original June 8, 1964 scheduled build date Coupe.  Sorry, I don't have any pictures right now, but they look just like his with a 1-64 date

Here are pictures though of original seat belts in an original owner late May '64 convertible.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
I'm in the process of installing rear seat belts in my Oct 65 San Jose build 66 "K" Fastback (the rear interior is spread out all over the place). When I removed the old ones (they were tucked up under the seat) I found a different type of washer than what is called out in the 1966 Mustang Body Assembly Manual on page 41 (N6-8718). The manual calls out 381559-S2 7/16 special washer, a type with serrations on the flats, to be installed between the belt attachment plate (and plastic sleeve on the belt) and the body. What I found was a 7/16 internal toothed lock washer, 34921-S2, but installed between the head of the bolt and the belt attachment plate. In my accumulation of hardware, I've found a few of that type of internal tooth lockwasher still hanging onto the attaching bolt. I thought is was not a factory installed belt application but apparently it is as my other 66, a hardtop built two days before the "K" had the same thing. The only other place this size (7/16) internal tooth lock washer is used is on the special ground stud on 289CID engines with an automatic transmission as a wiring ground for the battery to the engine.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

I'm a little confused here.  The picture of the seatbelt that Brant has pictured looks like an early 64 1/2 Deluxe seat belt.  I have never considered Brant's belt as a "Standard" belt.  As long as I have known, The Plastic buckled standard seatbelts were available from the beginning.  Was there only one type of seatbelt offered in the start of 64 1/2 production?  *Also, Most imporatant so I don't go crazy, What is considered a 1965 Deluxe Seat belt??????????  I have never seen a '65 with '66 type deluxe seat belts.

Is this not correct?
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001