Author Topic: Vent  (Read 1458 times)

Offline 1Hotboss

Vent
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:31 AM »
Need to vent... I have purchased my share of cars and for the most part they have been as described and have had good experiences.  My last purchase was downright ugly. Purchased a 68 428cj was described as rebuilt everything but older build runs great no issues body all original sheet metal no rust issues. Had some knowledgable ppl discuss the car lots and loTs of pics so purchased car sight unseen po seemed honest provided all info request anyone who had seen the car at previous cj reunion.  Well what a surprise engine needed rebuild was running only on 5 cylinders tranny needed rebuild gears were full of pits and rust as was the input shaft rear needs rebuild. Quarters had previous patch work done like a second grader that the rust was bleeding through. Passenger door was replaced and the bottom seem was full of rust. He firewall had been punched from previous engine blow up and large replacement. Trunk lid was warp and seem was swelling with rust etc etc. I paid top dollar for car I know it was my fault a fool born every minute. Buyer beware but its this type of thing that sours the hobby
Y
Thanks for everyone on here who provides info for free