Author Topic: Recent spam posts  (Read 918 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Recent spam posts
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
Thanks to those that reported the spam posts, the user has been banned.  Thankfully, we very rarely have this happen as each user registration is personally approved by either myself or Randy T. (sluggo).  Appreciate the vigilance in keeping this site clean!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

Re: Recent spam posts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
There is a similar problem on the HP Forum. The solution there is the administrators moving the spam post to a common thread called "Let's have some fun" so the forum members can "scan the spam" at their leisure. I used to take a peek, but don't bother anymore. I like this forum's approach.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
Funny you mention that thread on hpmx, I have never looked at it purely because the title didn't interest me.  I think banning the user and deleting the posts is a good protocol.  We'd rather not have folks searching and hitting the spam posts.  No need for that junk here.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »
Funny you mention that thread on hpmx, I have never looked at it purely because the title didn't interest me.  I think banning the user and deleting the posts is a good protocol.  We'd rather not have folks searching and hitting the spam posts.  No need for that junk here.

+1 plus I would rather not reward them for their efforts (and dumping their trash on the site) by giving them any exposure.   

Wouldn't put a picture up in my house of a burglar that had broken in  :o
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)