Author Topic: '65 Quarter ornament template for holes?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
'65 Quarter ornament template for holes?
« on: March 15, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »
Looking for a template to make holes in rear quarters of a '65 to install quarter ornaments.  Anyone have this or a source?

Thanks
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
Re: '65 Quarter ornament template for holes?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
I have a '65 that's completely stripped at the moment. Unless there is a Template, I can attempt to make a set from my car.

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
I have a '65 that's completely stripped at the moment. Unless there is a Template, I can attempt to make a set from my car.

Ray

If it's not too much trouble, a template would be great.  If you have any parts you need, be happy to do some bartering for your time!

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »
No trouble at all. Do you have any preference; paper, thin cardboard, etc., that you'd like the Templates made out of? And, I appreciate your offer but I never charge for time, just happy to be of help.

I will ask however, if you know of any sources where I may be able to find a Brass Tee, (375787-S), that threads into the side of a 6-Cylinder Intake? My car has a C4 and PB; the Tee has a 1/4" male pipe thread on one end, a 5/16" Inverted Flare Female on the other and a 3/8" Inverted Flare Female in the center...I'm also looking for the correct Nut that fastens the Heater Hose Bracket to the Valve Cover and the 3 Standoffs that hold the Choke Housing in place.

Thanks

Ray

Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 11:27:06 PM »
Thin paper cut to the shape of the indented area of the quarter.  I'll send my address in a PM.

If you have some pics of exactly what pieces you need, let me know.  I probably have the fitting.

Thanks!

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
I'll work on the Templates this evening and if successful, will mail them out tomorrow.

Other than the dimensions, the Brass Tee I'm looking for looks similar to the attached photo. The Male is 1/4" pipe thread, the Center is 3/8" Inverted Flare Female and the other end is 5/16" Inverted Flare Female.

The Heater Hose Bracket Nut shown is what I'm looking for; found some that are close at the hardware store are but not correct.

The last photo is of the Standoffs. I found some Standoffs with the correct thread at an Electronic Parts Store but the lengths are incorrect. If I can find 3 originals, that would be ideal. My other option, is to find the correct threads and length and I can cut the slot in the ends myself; no luck with either so far. If you happen to have any of these, please let me know how much you are asking or if you know of any sources, that would be great too.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
I'm 1 for 2...

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:04:54 AM »
Did the original Tee's have a 3/8 to 5/16 reducer on the end? I always thought that it was milled from a single Brass Block...just an assumption on my part as I've never seen the 6-Cylinder version. I've seen the 8-Cylinder which is a single piece. The only difference is that the 8-Cylinder has a 3/8" Male Thread not 1/4"; the Inverted Flare Sizes are the same on both versions.

Anyway, I've managed to make a Template that will work on both sides. I used the Passenger Side to shape it and then turned it inside-out to check the Drivers Side; perfect fit either way...see picture below. I'll mail it out tomorrow and as it's 3 Dimensional, I will put it in a Cardboard Tube. I taped up the holes to prevent tearing and the holes are elongated; not round...at least on my car.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »
Looks like the brass block is all one piece.  There is a threaded plug on the end.  If you don't need it, I can remove.

Thanks for the template!

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:53:51 AM »
I didn't realize that it's a plug, in which case it is one piece. And this is 1/4" Male x 3/8" x 5/16 Inverted Flare? If so, please send me a PM with the selling price.

Thanks

Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A