Author Topic: Battery Polarity  (Read 885 times)

Offline 1Hotboss

Battery Polarity
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »
Well, my battery in one of my cars died, so my wife decided to charge it and she reversed the cables  ::) so when I went to check on it I noticed it, so now I am assuming the polarity of the battery will be reversed...is the battery now junk or is there something I can do to reverse it back

Thanks

Offline jwc66k

Re: Battery Polarity
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
- so my wife decided to charge it and she reversed the cables  - so now I am assuming the polarity of the battery will be reversed...is the battery now junk or is there something I can do to reverse it back
I'm surprised that there wasn't an explosion, or possibly the charger has a tripped circuit breaker. Batteries only work one way, the positive terminal is the positive terminal. You now have what is commonly known as a "battery core".
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Battery Polarity
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:01:20 PM »
My battery tenders have a breaker that shuts of the unit it the polarity is crossed that my be what happened as Jim explained. In any event lucky for no explosion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby