Author Topic: Hipo exhaust manifold?  (Read 1434 times)

priceless

Hipo exhaust manifold?
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:02:50 PM »
I found an early hipo exhaust manifold drivers side. I can barely make out the ford number. But, it has an "N" cast into it down near where the exhaust exits. The "N" is about twice as big as any other numbers/letters on it. What would the "N" stand for? I'm assuming "nodular"??
Any help appreciated.

priceless

Re: Hipo exhaust manifold?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
Bump. Anybody out there?

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »
Bump. Anybody out there?

I heard ya! Can't help though!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
I found an early hipo exhaust manifold drivers side. I can barely make out the ford number. But, it has an "N" cast into it down near where the exhaust exits. The "N" is about twice as big as any other numbers/letters on it. What would the "N" stand for? I'm assuming "nodular"??
Any help appreciated.
Not nodular. It might be a casting ID, factory or mold. The part number and date code are located more to the middle, between cylinders 6 and 7, and that's seems to be all I can see on mine (on the car).
Jim 
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
The N (if I recall correctly) is on a block that was inserted in the mold so I would guess, by design, that it was meant to be changed out and for that reason no an indication of Nodular but an identification of a location, plant or subcontractor for trackign purposes 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)