Author Topic: Drag Pack REAR BATTERY CABLE routing  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Bruce67

Drag Pack REAR BATTERY CABLE routing
« on: July 24, 2023, 10:50:53 PM »
Specifically, how was the Rear Battery CABLE routed FROM THE DOOR SIL THRU THE FIREWALL for 428 SCJ Drag Pack Cars and B429.  Back in the 70?s, in the Muscle Parts catalog was a kit including the cable, a rear battery tray, and installation instructions from Ford that you could order at the Ford parts counter for less than $20.  I have not been able to find a reproduction of the instructions or pictures showing the routing.  I have an original used rear battery cable, but the forward routing is a mystery.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Drag Pack REAR BATTERY CABLE routing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 06:28:42 PM »
Don't believe or recall drag pak cars getting the trunk mounted battery originally. Recall, one day when I had access to Kevin Marti's data base, how many cars (believe it might have been 70 only - just can't recall if I asked about both years) got trunk mounted batteries installed at the car assembly plant and the answer at that time was only one.  So we'll have to look towards the Boss 429 installation or the kit instructions. Will see what I or others can turn up.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 07:06:44 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 07:05:39 PM »
Did find this while looking. Not sure of the source but would guess it was from one of the 69 publications for the Muscle program

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bruce67

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 07:25:38 PM »
Thank you for the information.  As you can see, installation instructions were provided with the parts.  Surely someone in their collection of period Ford literature would have a copy.   

Offline ExportMach

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 11:48:39 PM »
Perhaps Steve Strange at Boss Performance has some insight he would be willing to share.
Mark C
Ford T5 registrar www.FordT5.com
MCA certified judge - '69-'70 concours
1970 Mach 1 T-5; bucked Mar 1970
0F05H172XXX; 63C, 6, 3A, 91, 6, 1