Author Topic: 69/70 Shelby License Plate Light harness  (Read 1693 times)

Offline VikingNJ

69/70 Shelby License Plate Light harness
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:09:06 PM »
Hello,
I am looking for very hard to find and rare wiring harness. I was hoping someone out there has a pair or even one of these license plate light harnesses. Either used, NOS or even excellent reproductions I would me interested.

Thanks,

Nils

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 69/70 Shelby License Plate Light harness
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
Hello,
I am looking for very hard to find and rare wiring harness. I was hoping someone out there has a pair or even one of these license plate light harnesses. Either used, NOS or even excellent reproductions I would me interested.

Thanks,

Nils
Are you referring to the two light receptacles and the 2 into one connector? 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:29:55 AM »
Bob,
Yes, the harness is approx 7 or 8 inches long and has a light bulb receptacle. Bulb get plugged in and then it plugs in from trunk thru the tail light panel into the bulb fixture....

Nils

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
Bob,
Yes, the harness is approx 7 or 8 inches long and has a light bulb receptacle. Bulb get plugged in and then it plugs in from trunk thru the tail light panel into the bulb fixture....

Nils
I have a extra two into one yellow connector from a Shelby set up. The wires plugged into the connector and the connector plugged into the Shelbyized taillihght harness but you will most likely have to fabricate the receptacles and wire. I have seen convincing ones made up minus the S9MS printing on the short wire lead. I have only seen a couple  sets for sale in all my several decades of scrounging. A lot more cars have been put back together now compared to then and would think that they are even harder to find . Whats harder then hens teeth? Since it is behind the taillight protector hard board and not seen it has not been a high priority request for a reproduction I suppose.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:31:07 PM »
Bob,
Thanks for response. I guess I will try to fabricate a pair of harness from the one original one I have. The light bulb socket that clips/plugs in from the inside and into the tail light panel is what I need to start with. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions where I can start my search for that socket. If you like a PM is good or you can just post here.

Nils

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 01:41:26 PM »
Bob,
Thanks for response. I guess I will try to fabricate a pair of harness from the one original one I have. The light bulb socket that clips/plugs in from the inside and into the tail light panel is what I need to start with. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions where I can start my search for that socket. If you like a PM is good or you can just post here.

Nils
Nils,it is best to post on the thread so all can benefit. Someone recently made a couple up for their car using a borrowed harness as a pattern . He was able to go to the auto parts store and source a identical socket . He fabricated the wire and plug end and the end result was a virtually identical harness with the exception of the S9MS printing on the wire.