General Discussion > General Discussion

Facebook group 'ConcoursMustang'

(1/3) > >>

CharlesTurner:
Just an FYI to the forum that we have a "ConcoursMustang" private group on Facebook.  I created it about a year or so ago, been a bit of an uptick in activity lately.  I have kept it private for now and all requests will go through approvals to join.

While the Facebook group cannot possibly replace the forum when it comes to searching prior posts, it definitely is another way of supporting this part of the hobby.  It also helps put some faces to names and give us somewhere to get to know each other better instead of only at in-person events.

67gtasanjose:
I have been posting some brief videos of recent work I have been doing over there.

The inability to directly post videos within threads at this site (that is without using a link), isn't really a problem but using Facebook simplifies the ability to do so. Video posts can be a lot of additional help over simply posting a few snapshots of the work being done. Video clips might also reveal workmanship details that are, for good or bad, not seen in a snapshot.

I like the option but agree, there is no replacing THIS site for the search ability structure.

Thanks Charles for all you do both here and over there.

rrenz:
This site is very valuable and is irreplaceable. However as the hobby evolves and brings in younger people I think its just more of a natural progression. In some respects will help to keep clubs like the MCA and AACA chugging along. Im in my mid 30's and very involved in the AACA circuit personally. Im typically one of the youngest people in the room when put into a awards banquet at the end of a National Show. I think its just as important for us to change with the hobby as technology and the younger generations start to become involved. Im knee deep in the restoration of a 49 Hudson. Theres very little to no younger people I'm either getting advice or parts from. in a way that could be a bad thing as we let certain aspects of the hobby die off to only let the rat rods and diesel powered model t's take over....I hate seeing a hacked up car butchered to death with edelbrock and MSD do dads....Full restoration is a art and talent that I don't think the younger generation will ever understand.

C6ZZGT:
Just requested to join.

stangfan:
I also just requested to join.   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version