Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Non-Mustang Ford Models 1965-73

BF Goodrich F78-15 spacesaver spare question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on April 09, 2024, 10:53:06 PM ---Interesting thread pattern. Sure does not look like the early years

Wonder if you could get a space saver in a T Bird or Lincoln. With such GIANT trucks can't see much of a need for one.

--- End quote ---
Yes the odd treads definitely put it in the later 70's or newer applications and yes with such a giant trunk in a T bird or Lincoln there seems little need for a space saver spare when a full size spare would fit with much room to spare.

HDAshmore:
Acknowledge all.  Any thoughts on what it is for?

RoyceP:
Your photo shows tire size H78-15. That's a pretty big tire. Maybe a full size Ford or Mercury from the mid 1970's?

HDAshmore:
I thought the DOT number "506" might be a Julian date but I could not get that number to work out unless 5 stood for 1975, and 06 stood for January 6th?  Seemed a bit of a stretch.  I also see E1 by the valve stem maybe 1981?

Bob Gaines:
I don't think that you will find it goes to s a significant car application. If wanting to know so as to sell it most likely it has the most value to a early Mustang buyer who can't fit a full size spare or doesn't want to take up the space in the trunk for travel related items  in a driven car. I have sold similar SS spares in the past to people not wanting to use their year appropriate SS spare while traveling instead of a vintage appropriate space saver.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version