Author Topic: Fuel pump style  (Read 647 times)

Offline Beeler422

Fuel pump style
« on: February 03, 2022, 10:33:57 PM »
What style pump came on the 68 302s? Most everything I'm seeing had the external filter but I've seen a few references to the integral filter type.  I currently have an external filter but would definitely prefer integrated if that was the original style.  When searching Carter 4567s (which seems to be the number from what I've read) I've found both style pumps with that part number.  Thanks.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Fuel pump style
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 12:22:30 AM »
What style pump came on the 68 302s? Most everything I'm seeing had the external filter but I've seen a few references to the integral filter type.  I currently have an external filter but would definitely prefer integrated if that was the original style.  When searching Carter 4567s (which seems to be the number from what I've read) I've found both style pumps with that part number.  Thanks.
A CARTER marked button top fuel pump with a 3/8 inlet. It does not have a integral fuel filter because the carburetor has one. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
Re: Fuel pump style
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 03:00:32 PM »
Maybe similar to this?