Author Topic: Where to find "obscure" carburetor springs  (Read 1441 times)

Offline kkupec02

Where to find "obscure" carburetor springs
« on: June 26, 2023, 04:52:04 PM »
Anyone know where I can find a primary throttle shaft return spring? It is the maybe 1"x1" spring on the throttle linkage that connects the front and back carbs on the passenger side. So there is a primary spring on the back carb and a secondary spring on the front carb. My primary fatigued out and won't return the throttle to the idle position. The car just races and the throttle won't return. These are different than the drivers side throttle return spring that connects to the gas pedal more directly. I called NPD, Branda, Carl's Ford Parts, Summitt Racing and NAPA and no one has them.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline kkupec02

Re: Where to find "obscure" carburetor springs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »
Looks like I found some on EBay. Just realized I am also missing the plastic return spring washer on the back carb as well so I'll have to look for one of those now.
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »
The 67 GT500 carbs use one throttle spring from the factory . The rest is linkage . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline tgilliam

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 08:07:13 PM »
Good Day kkupec02,
Based on this Post and the previous one, you need Drew Pojedinec's help badly. He is a great guy, knows Holley carbs. for our old cars as good or better than anyone and does great repair/restore/parts service for the 67 GT 500 dual carbs.
You could save yourself quite a bit of griff by contacting him for help on your carbs.

Tom Gilliam
tom@jtgil.com