Author Topic: Types of non A/C heater box?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Kyle Zammit

Types of non A/C heater box?
« on: September 03, 2023, 06:35:38 PM »
Hi all,

I have a question about the heater box types for non A/C 67 Mustang. I am seeing that there are few types of boxes marked FOMOCO in oval or FOMOCO in rectangle or no FOMOCO mark and different fiberglass texture. Is this was a vendor type or date a change ? Any information please?

Thanks Kyle.

Offline ruppstang

Re: Types of non A/C heater box?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 08:49:54 PM »
Pictures would be helpful. The 68 case is a different design.

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 06:42:55 AM »
Picture of FOMOCO in rectangle:

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 08:09:09 AM »
Picture of FOMOCO in oval:

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 08:12:02 AM »
Picture of non FOMOCO mark:

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 08:26:12 AM »
Pictures of FOMOCO in oval vs no FOMOCO mark:

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 01:05:34 PM »
Kyle. I?ve never noticed the logos before but I have a bunch of boxes with dates stamped that I can check. Do your boxes still have dates stamped ? If not probably restored. I believe only one vendor so different textures might be different restoration techniques
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 01:41:49 PM »
Here is what I have. The Y6M19 has no FOMOCO mark and the Y6L18 has FOMOCO in Oval mark.
No they never been restored. They have the Original Date ink stamps as well.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 04:18:05 PM »
Where are you getting these heater boxes from? Did one come off your current car? Did you get a big box of parts and are trying to ID the application? You asked a similar question on screws for the instrument cluster. I'm asking as I wonder what is your ultimate goal?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
I only have two non A/C heater boxes. The picture that is showing the FOMOCO in rectangle is not mine. I am just trying to know why there are the types of Fomoco logo's and types of texture? It was a date change or a vendor type?

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:11 PM »
Here's part of an answer. If you look at the attached page of "Ford Car Parts" (aka MPC - it says "Ford Car Parts" on top of every page), 1975 edition, section 184, page 12 (available in this forums library), the first entry on that page shows the service replacement stock number for the front half of the heater box, the half where the motor attaches, as being a 1960 Falcon originally designed part - C0DZ-18A542-A, and the rear half as being a 1967 Mustang originally designed part - C7ZZ-18A543-A, the half with the "door". (Note: The heater door was changed in 1967 to clear the lower RH edge of the dash, but it will work on 64 thru 66.) As FOMOCO in a rectangle was an early logo, replaced by FOMOCO in an oval, it is possible to get a mix of logos - it's possible.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.