Author Topic: 67 Drive Shaft Markings C code C4  (Read 535 times)

Offline dave6768

67 Drive Shaft Markings C code C4
« on: October 14, 2023, 06:59:31 PM »
June 67, Metuchen, C code, C4.
I clearly found the 3 stripes in the middle and repainted them.
There is evidence of 2 additional stripes, but there was zero evidence of any color.

Anyone have any tips on the correct colors for these two?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 10:27:27 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 Drive Shaft Markings C code C4
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
Looked and it appears that Ford changed the driveline used on A and C code with automatics early in the production year. Likely the change over for the auto to the tube in tube design.

Have no examples showing those two non ID drive shaft markings and the ID colors I have one examples sent in don't match what you came up with for your driveshaft restoration Both are from after the change to the driveline like your car originally had and just to note the one driveline had the two areas where their may have been stripes but there is nothing remaining of the colors or paint. Just what I have at the moment

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline dave6768

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 11:57:47 AM »
Thanks Jeff.   Hoping someone else may have more.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 12:46:58 AM »
I got out the drive shaft from our 67 Barn Find project built 12/22/66 NJ,  T code C4. I found that it had White Lavender Green stripes with an Orange single stripe. I will post better pics when I restore it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:33:17 AM by ruppstang »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 12:50:51 AM »
I got out the drive shaft from our 67 Barn Find project NJ T code C4 and found that it had White Lavender Green stripes with an Orange single stripe. I will post better pics when I restore it.

Interesting have pictures of a 67 C4 driveline that has different stripes. Hope the owner labeled it correctly. He didn't post a VIN so we don't know when or where  :( And as mentioned, unfortunately the buildsheets don't help with this years cars.

Of course with driveshafts there is always the possibility and problem with them being swapped out over the years when either the original becomes damaged or gets removed, misplaced or lost  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)