Author Topic: Question regarding alternator indicator lamp, 67 Shelby  (Read 419 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Question regarding alternator indicator lamp, 67 Shelby
« on: December 11, 2023, 03:07:15 PM »
I have a customer who is converting a 67 to a Shelby, and it will have the separate ammeter in addition to the tach dash cluster.
My question is whether the alternator indicator lamp in the tach dash cluster was used and functional, or whether it was disabled.  The documentation for Mustang/Shelby tach dash configuration is not available.  The answer determines which alternator harness and voltage regulator connections are proper.

Thank you in advance.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
Re: Question regarding alternator indicator lamp, 67 Shelby
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 06:43:09 PM »
The alternator harness is described in the 67 Mustang electrical manual (Osborne).

If you don't have this, shot me a PM.
The alternator harness is available, but the end where it attaches to the solenoid post (or to the Shelby post) isn't up to snuff as far I can tell. But the wiring is identical even if I don't like the looks of the repop end.

As far as I recall the only wire rendered inop was the oil pressure idiot light, which is cut and then taped back into the small engine harness.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Question regarding alternator indicator lamp, 67 Shelby
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 10:56:42 PM »
67 Shelby's had functional alternator dash cluster light.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby