Author Topic: 1967 GT350 Early differences (if any)  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Dave Stribling

1967 GT350 Early differences (if any)
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »
A customer of mine is going to look at an early 67 GT350, Shelby number under 100.  I know about the lights in the rear upper scoops, but the owner noted something on the rear tailight fiberglass panel, a ridge on the upper side of the panel, and that the car has the metal frame hood and decklids.  The owner is a long time Shelby SAAC guy so he knows, and he's a good guy, but I would like to edumacate myself on any other early car differences before going to look at the car.  Any other known differences in the first cars?  Thanks.

Dave

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 GT350 Early differences (if any)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
Yikes! Lot of differences and even differences on ones under #100. In addition to what you mentioned some others are exhaust trim at valance, one/two piece grll, ammeter wire junction block, ammeter wiring, tail light lens trim, gas cap........
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »
As Tim mentioned this could be a long list since you have early (not limited to the first 100) Shelby differences along with the early 67 Ford differences - each with different change over dates.  One of the other forums has been working on a list of all the changes (pages long) and they have not attempted to place dates on each

Let's start with

Should be a GT350

Interior
Likely smooth interior - verses the later comfortweave
Earlier style deluxe seat trim
Door panel trim panel on early cars does not wrap around the front edge

Body
One piece grill
Upper scoops with red marker lights
Metal framed hood and trunk lid
Taillight bezels with studs for moulding
Inboard headlight with the band style mounting
Functional lower side scoops
Rear valance/Exhaust trim

Engine compartment
Washer bag - rather than plastic bottle
Early style light gray junction block

Sure there are many more - but that is it from me for the moment

Corrections are welcome

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »
I would be glad to give you the rundown on the other early car items in addition to the differences already listed. There is a very long list of Ford Mustang early car differences as well as Shelby unique early car differences. This is my busy time at work which leaves me a little beat when I get home and not being a good typist doesn't help so it would be best to PM me a telephone number and a good time to call in the evenings. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Dave Stribling

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
Thanks guys.  Owner is a long time SAAC guy so he's not gonna try to pull anything - he's a striaght shooter.  Just would like to know before I go!

Dave