Author Topic: 1966 Convertible $2900  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Angela

1966 Convertible $2900
« on: October 04, 2021, 03:23:44 PM »
1966 289 2V, C4 automatic Convertible, Power top with console

I purchased the car from a friend whom stored the car with a cover on it, in a barn with a wood floor for the past 33 years. The car was running and driving when he parked it for storage, during a job move in 1988.  The car did not see the light of day again until 2021.

It has rust in the usual areas, leaks oil from engine, transmission and rear axle and will need complete restoration. There are no mice in it presently, yet at some point mice got into the cowl.

I installed new points, condenser, cap & rotor, spark plugs and wires and fed her some fresh fuel from a bottle to confirm the engine can run. The engine was NOT stuck and I ran it only long enough for the exhaust manifolds to become hot. While I did hear it run, one should assume the engine and drivetrain will also require full restoration.

The brakes work well enough to load and unload the car during transport by trailer.  The car cannot be driven as-is.

Headlights work, wipers work. I have not tested the power top.

I bought the car for one of my family members. Unfortunately, their situation has changed and are no longer able to take on the restoration.

I want the car to go to someone whom has interest in convertibles and can restore the car. I wish to focus the little free time I have on my '70 Mach.

The price is $2900 firm, sold as-is, where-is. Vehicle is sold with bill-of-sale only.

Car is located approx 45 minutes West of LaCrosse, WI, just off of Interstate 90.

If interested, PM me with your phone number and I will call you.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 03:26:41 PM by Angela »

Offline Angela

Re: 1966 Convertible $2900
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 05:39:12 AM »
The convertible has been sold and is in transit to her new owner.