Author Topic: Correct Hertz Magnum emblem  (Read 1542 times)

Offline poboy427

Correct Hertz Magnum emblem
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »
I see the yellow Hertz and red Hertz emblems available, both on gold foil backgrounds. I have looked extensively for discussion on when the Hertz cars got snake emblems and when they got "Hertz" caps. I've seen pics of red emblem caps but I have no prod number info. I've heard the yellows caps never were offered originally and the red are the correct ones but I would like to see some discussion on the issue. I have both the yellow and red emblems and will soon have to decide between them or SA snake emblem caps.

Ray
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:08:29 PM by poboy427 »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Correct Hertz Magnum emblem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:15:25 AM »
I see the yellow Hertz and red Hertz emblems available, both on gold foil backgrounds. I have looked extensively for discussion on when the Hertz cars got snake emblems and when they got "Hertz" caps. I've seen pics of red emblem caps but I have no prod number info. I've heard the yellows caps never were offered originally and the red are the correct ones but I would like to see some discussion on the issue. I have both the yellow and red emblems and will soon have to decide between them or SA snake emblem caps.

Ray
If a Hertz car the red emblems are expected.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline poboy427

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 01:32:57 AM »
Thanks Bob
Does anyone know when the first red emblems started to appear. I've seen some Hertz cars with the SA snake but not sure if they were the early cars or after the red emblems.
Ray

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:10 PM »
Thanks Bob
Does anyone know when the first red emblems started to appear. I've seen some Hertz cars with the SA snake but not sure if they were the early cars or after the red emblems.
Ray
The only ones that I have seen that didn't have the Hertz centers were pre production cars that had the 15 inch crager wheels with the different center caps. Even the early ad cars (that didn't have cragers) had the Hertz centers . Not to say there couldn't be a anomaly but the norm was the Hertz center.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby