Author Topic: Headliner color  (Read 5282 times)

Offline DKutz

Re: Headliner color
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
so far all I see is white.  No one else has anything else??
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 12:41:59 PM »
My 66 Fastback Pony interior (Oct, San Jose) code 62, has the off-white headliner; my 66 Hardtop standard interior (Oct, San Jose) code 26, is black; my 65 Fastback standard interior (Mar, San Jose) code 26 is black; my 66 Fastback standard interior (Mar, San Jose) code 25 was red (lives in Australia now). All visor colors match the headliner color.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline DKutz

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »
My 66 Fastback Pony interior (Oct, San Jose) code 62, has the off-white headliner; my 66 Hardtop standard interior (Oct, San Jose) code 26, is black; my 65 Fastback standard interior (Mar, San Jose) code 26 is black; my 66 Fastback standard interior (Mar, San Jose) code 25 was red (lives in Australia now). All visor colors match the headliner color.
Jim

thanks but wouldn't that depend on the interior color as well?  A black int erior would get a black headliner regardless of year or plant?
1965 Mustang Fastback 'A' Code, silver Blue Met, Med blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #1449**

Gone but not forgotten - 1996 Mustang GT

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
thanks but wouldn't that depend on the interior color as well?  A black int erior would get a black headliner regardless of year or plant?

No.  On the earlier cars, I've seen plenty of early '65s with a white headliner, regardless of the color of the rest of the interior.  Since it was a running change when the color-keyed headliners were introduced, there's no absolute cutoff date.  I assume plants used up the white headliners they had on hand, and then started using colored headliners.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »

+1 plus those examples are a ways from when your car was built
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
+1 plus those examples are a ways from when your car was built
That is true, and more or less confirmed from the 65 and 66 Ford Mustang Illustrated Facts Book from California Mustang which I believe is a reprint from Ford marketing documents. The 65 books pg 7 says ". . sun visors and the headlining in the hardtop are of white textured vinyl which emphasizes the spaciousness of the interior". (Definitely marketing talk.) The 2+2 Fastback section, which has a section on the GT, does not mention headliners but does list the rear fiberglass panes as color keyed.
You need input from forum members of early 65 Mustangs (hint).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.