Author Topic: Wanted k code coupe  (Read 744 times)

Offline elim

Wanted k code coupe
« on: November 08, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
Looking for midnight blue,65 k code 289 hi-po coupe.Only dark blue,oh don't ask lol.Doesn't have to be trophy winner,but visually nice car,no frankensteins.THANKS

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
Re: Wanted k code coupe
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:32:53 PM »
This car was offered for sale by a fellow in New Jersey and sounds like what you are looking for.  The car was restored by the owner and his son in law (?).  My brother went to the owners house about a year ago to look at the car and said it was a very nice car.  They paid attention to restoring the car to MCA concours standards.  If I recall correctly, it was a AACA Gold winner back in 2002.  My brother asked about the black steering wheel (should have been white) and the owner said it was on the car when he bought it, so he kept it.  The owner had it at the car corral at Hershey in 2014.  I looked over the car at Hershey and can say it's a top notch restoration.  Not over restored.  It would be interesting to see if this car would get an MCA Gold if judged today.  Oh, by the way my brother didn't make an offer on the car because I have a 65 Mustang Fastback and he wanted something different (He currently has a 65 Impala.).  Anyway, I'm not sure if the car was sold and this dealer is trying to flip it or if it's a consignment sale.  The current asking price is about what was being asked at Hershey back in 2014, a little high but the ad says they are accepting offers.  Hope this helps.

http://www.blacktieclassics.com/details.asp?VID=3952909   

Edit:  Asking price is $49,990.  If I recall, it was a number matching VIN on the engine.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:43:40 PM by markb0729 »
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline Richard P.

Re: Wanted k code coupe
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
I know of this car and it is very nice.