Author Topic: '67 original am/8track installation (with console)  (Read 548 times)

Offline socalgt

'67 original am/8track installation (with console)
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:48:32 PM »
When installed the original am8track(using original mounting bracket) the face of the radio does not align vertically with the original console faceplate.  The rear stud is in the hole of the mounting bracket and everything else lines up.  I realize these  cars were not built like "Swiss watches", but I can't find a way to make the radio face(dial and flap for the 8 track) end up aligned vertically with the face plate.  Any one happen to run into this and find a way to remedy it?  Is it the same with the stock am or fm radio?  I don't see any way to adjust it, unless I would drill a hole higher in the bracket where the stud in the back of the radio fits in an effort to tilt the front of the radio so it aligns with the faceplate .  It is off by about 1/8" at the top.  A picture is worth a thousand words....I'll post a pic.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:09:57 PM by socalgt »