Author Topic: Dash measurement.  (Read 1172 times)

1967 eight barrel

Dash measurement.
« on: June 15, 2016, 05:22:19 AM »
I would appreciate a bit of help. I am having an issue trying to seat my cluster. Could someone get me a measurement from the center of the dash were the middle of the tach/ speedo would sit to the  support for the pedal/column inside behind the cluster. Be sure to keep the ruler level. It should be about the same height as the location for the ground screw on the inner support. Thank you!!

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Dash measurement.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 07:35:04 AM »
Keith, I have read this request several times and walked back & forth to my 67 and cannot find anything to measure that matches up to your request (11/2/66 built San Jose coupe).

Possible that the ground screw point is different on my example or that other items in place on yours are not in place on mine. Mine is mostly apart though I have been test-fitting underdash items like wiring harness, wiper assy, heater/AC system, steering column "wired" into temporary position and the likes, for a dry-run before I paint. So basically, mine doesn't have the pedal assy in but I have the cluster out of the way and access to the support brace I think you need a measurement from.

!'ve measured, with a tape measure hooked, centered above the support brace, somewhat diagonally down to the center of where the cluster would mount on the metal dash frame (between the speedo & tach [or other gauges on non-tach cars]) and come up with 7-1/4 inches.

It will be late evening before I can get you any other measurements, maybe tommorrow. Try taking a picture with your ruler of what you are asking so we can duplicate our efforts. (without errors)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:02:00 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »
Hello, this is the measurement I would appreciate. I took a picture. I think it may have been bent long ago.

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »
I can do tomorrow morning when i will work on my project but its a 68 .. Dont know if that matters ?
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
Here are some pics.  As you can see I went from the corner of where the circle cut out meets the center horizontal piece.  On the back (reference) side I'm against the bumped out area.

I put a level on it, and on my car at the reference side is within a rough frog hair distance from the ground screw hole. 
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:42:54 PM »
Thank you!