Author Topic: 1969 Mach1 Rear Seat support Panel mount brackets  (Read 992 times)

Offline JSRoeth

1969 Mach1 Rear Seat support Panel mount brackets
« on: October 05, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »
I am replacing the rear seat support between the trunk and rear seat plus the rear window lower panel. I have been told there is a manual referred to as the "Crash Manual" for body parts replacement. That may not be the precise name I was told as well it may be industry body shop slang. Supposedly it is a comprehensive manual that may cost around 600 dollars but can be purchased on line for just the parts of the car being worked. I am trying to locate the measurements for the placement of body parts being installed.
The current rear seat support panel attaches to trunk floor pan yet on mine the two weld points of the floor pan brackets are not squared up to the rear seat mount brackets which leads me to believe it was not installed correctly previously.
Plus the rear window lower panel is off about 3/8 of an inch as well from being square.

is there a source for the 1969 Mach1 that shows, illustrates and defines the measurements where the parts are suppose to be attached when welded?

I have added 3 pics to illustrate the mount points in question for the thread above. the PDF is of another similar Mach1 and I have high;lighted the area of where I am trying to use for a fixed point measurement.

Offline JSRoeth

Re: 1969 Mach1 Rear Seat support Panel mount brackets
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »
I found the measurements for the rear seat support brackets
Thanks to all who read my post