1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Remote view mirror glass date code

(1/4) > >>

preaction:
I looked through the library's car glass date code info and unfortunately remote rear view mirror glass date codes were overlooked. The date code on the mirror in question reads  2-DMI-7 normally I would read this as month first then year, 2- February and 7- being 67 since this came from a 67 built (4/28/67) car. The reason Im asking about this is the person I talked to about this interpreted the date as year first and month second, 2-72 and 7-july. I hope Im right thanks Paul. ;)

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: preaction on December 12, 2016, 08:57:03 PM ---I looked through the library's car glass date code info and unfortunately remote rear view mirror glass date codes were overlooked. The date code on the mirror in question reads  2-DMI-7 normally I would read this as month first then year, 2- February and 7- being 67 since this came from a 67 built (4/28/67) car. The reason Im asking about this is the person I talked to about this interpreted the date as year first and month second, 2-72 and 7-july. I hope Im right thanks Paul. ;)

--- End quote ---
I believe it is a Feb 67 date code . I know some restorers that will take a correct dated glass and transfer it to another body.

ruppstang:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 12, 2016, 09:37:42 PM ---I believe it is a Feb 67 date code . I know some restorers that will take a correct dated glass and transfer it to another body.

--- End quote ---

I have done it, not easy but do able. Worth the effort to have a correct date coded glass.

Ralf:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 12, 2016, 09:37:42 PM ---I believe it is a Feb 67 date code . I know some restorers that will take a correct dated glass and transfer it to another body.

--- End quote ---

Would not confirm. Why?
Because I have a mirror 4 DMI 3. Would mean April 63 according to above.  But can't be. The mirror has the shape of a 67/68 car.
Even year first, month second doesn't make sense to me.
Imho there  must be another specification behind.
Thx Ralf

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: Ralf on December 13, 2016, 06:45:19 AM ---Would not confirm. Why?
Because I have a mirror 4 DMI 3. Would mean April 63 according to above.  But can't be. The mirror has the shape of a 67/68 car.
Even year first, month second doesn't make sense to me.
Imho there  must be another specification behind.
Thx Ralf

--- End quote ---

I'm NOT an expert on decoding glass or mirror dates but it seems that the "decade" of production of these items is not coded into the date code so if your "decoding process" is correct, it could be possible the one you are looking at is a Service Replacement part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version