Author Topic: Early Headlight Manufacturers  (Read 544 times)

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

Early Headlight Manufacturers
« on: April 03, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »
Just wondering what the names of the early headlight manufacturers for our Mustangs were in 1964-5.Were different plants using different brands? Were there multiple suppliers? In particular wanting to know this for our Oct 64 SJ convertible and our Dec 65 NJ GT Coupe.
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Early Headlight Manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 01:30:12 AM »
Just wondering what the names of the early headlight manufacturers for our Mustangs were in 1964-5.Were different plants using different brands? Were there multiple suppliers? In particular wanting to know this for our Oct 64 SJ convertible and our Dec 65 NJ GT Coupe.
GE,Tung Sol,and Westinghouse .I have seen GE and Tung Sol at the SJ plant but not Westinghouse. I think GE and Tung Sol were used at NJ but not 100% sure if Westinghouse was used or not . FYI Westinghouse is the one with the molded FOMOCO trademark where the two others typically had FOMOCO acid etched.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:15:10 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 02:40:38 AM »
There were GE bulbs used in production at San Jose without FoMoCo etched on the front also.  I have one of these, has printed on the back 'MADE FOR FORD MOTOR CO'
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 04:14:23 AM »
There were GE bulbs used in production at San Jose without FoMoCo etched on the front also.  I have one of these, has printed on the back 'MADE FOR FORD MOTOR CO'
I agree with that . I am not sure when the etching on the bulbs started in 65 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby