Author Topic: Sway Bar end link kit  (Read 803 times)

Offline RoyceP

Sway Bar end link kit
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »
I bought the Scott Drake sway bar end link kit, thinking it would be fairly authentic. OK so it was cheap, the rubber parts are fairly correct looking. All the rest is off - wrong finish on all parts, the shiny cadmium plated bolt heads (should be phosphate and oil) are 5'8" instead of the stock 9/16" size, as are the nuts. Fortunately all the hardware is available from AMK, so I get to buy that kit to make it right.

1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock

1967 eight barrel

Re: Sway Bar end link kit
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »
We've all been through this, often many times. For example: The competition suspension.  It's even worse when you can't return it. Often they claim concours correct. However, sometimes it may be for one year and not another. If concours is your desired area, there are volumes of information and plenty of expertise here to help you avoid many of the pitfalls we have suffered. I wish I would have known about this forum long before I started the process on my vehicle.
                                                                                                                          -Keith