Author Topic: Patch or Replace  (Read 3435 times)

Offline ruppstang

Re: Patch or Replace
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
I have done the floor repair both ways and would choose the full floor hands down. You had better be a pretty good welder to hide all of the repair on a partial replacement.

Offline carguytroy

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 11:29:43 PM »
I have done the floor repair both ways and would choose the full floor hands down. You had better be a pretty good welder to hide all of the repair on a partial replacement.

Agreeed. I did long pans n a 66 I had and it looked decent when I was done but the full floor is the way I’m going to go. I have the part that came with the car and the previous owner(s) already cut the floor out on both sides so I don’t have the pieces that were taken out to compare to or reuse. A car with good floors around here would be too nice of car to cut up most likely and my wife would most likely kill me in my sleep if I buy another car. I have a slight automobile addiction and have several cars at the moment and I’m out of room. Need a bigger garage.
1967 S code Convertible
Build Date 7-1967
San Jose
Vintage Burgundy

1967 C Code Convertible
Build date 7-1967
San Jose
White

Offline carguytroy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 08:44:07 PM »
If anyone has any pics of a late 67 floor pan they would like to share I would definitely appreciate it where the floor in my car is mostly long gone. Just for comparison to the Dynacorn floor. I do see one other difference where the rear seat goes. The Dynacorn has rises where the parking brake cable goes and the stampings in the original go down rather than up.
1967 S code Convertible
Build Date 7-1967
San Jose
Vintage Burgundy

1967 C Code Convertible
Build date 7-1967
San Jose
White

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 11:13:10 PM »
If anyone has any pics of a late 67 floor pan they would like to share I would definitely appreciate it where the floor in my car is mostly long gone. Just for comparison to the Dynacorn floor. I do see one other difference where the rear seat goes. The Dynacorn has rises where the parking brake cable goes and the stampings in the original go down rather than up.

Guess you missed this thread when you check the search function ;)

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=18111.msg114612#msg114612

Should help with the two major areas
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)