Author Topic: Installing Front Fender  (Read 1472 times)

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
Installing Front Fender
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Does the bolt clip go on the ear by the cowl or on the tab on the fender? I thought it went on the ear but then my light bucket hits the radiator support and prevents the fender from moving back when I try to pull tab behind the ear. I've looked at the illustrated manual and the shop manual but neither clarify this issue.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Installing Front Fender
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:26:45 PM »
Other way around. Fender clip is forward of the bracket attached to the A pillar

J clip is installed on the bracket attached to the fender so that the bolt can be installed from the direction the photo was taken from and tightened
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
Re: Installing Front Fender
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
Other way around. Fender clip is forward of the bracket attached to the A pillar

J clip is installed on the bracket attached to the fender so that the bolt can be installed from the direction the photo was taken from and tightened

Thanks, got the same answer over on VMF yesterday. Was a standard fender bolt used as that ear on the cowl/A Pillar has a pretty big square hole in it. That will all for a bit of adjustment though.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build