Author Topic: insuring multiple classic cars?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Murf

insuring multiple classic cars?
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »
Has anyone found an insurance company for classic cars who write agreed value policies and charge only one property damage/public liability amount?  Obviously one cannot drive more than one car at a time and therefore cannot cause liability from more than one accident at a time.  I have heard that some companies do not charge PL/PD for each car.  PL/PD is the largest itemized charge on your insurance policy.  I think that maybe some companies only charge for a certain number of cars and more cars do not always mean more premiums - anyone care to comment on that?  Classic car insurance has become rather expensive and maybe some on this forum can share their solutions to the ever increasing premiums. 
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: insuring multiple classic cars?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
At one time, I had 3 daily drivers (non-classics) and only two drivers.  I asked my insurance agent about this exact same issue, and he said, no, it was not possible to float insurance for two drivers against any two of the three cars that might be driven.

These guys are out to make a buck, and there's no good reason for them not to in this situation.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline 428scj

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »
Same up here in Canada.I even tried to go with a fleet plan with my company.They want our money and thats the end of it.I guess we could paint them all the same color and vin them all with the same numbers ..lol
1969 SHELBY GT350
1969 MACH 1 SCJ

Offline SCJSTU

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
you need to be in the shoes of the insurance company on this one....

yes YOU can only drive one car at a time but that does not mean ALL your cars can't all be on the road at same time though so therefore they do have exposure on all....

what if you,your wife and best firends drive all your cars to a local show one day?

no I don't work in the insurance biz but I do understand how they are exposed to lialibilty......
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible  4spd-AC built 1-27-69
1967 Mustang S-Code 4-speed built Jan 1967 non therm
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi

1961 Falcon 2 Door Station Wagon 302V8
2004 Mach 1 Azure Blue