Author Topic: Reproduction Group 27 Battery  (Read 305 times)

Offline ninedrvr

Reproduction Group 27 Battery
« on: March 15, 2022, 09:13:02 AM »
My understanding is that a 69 Dearborn 428 car with A/C had a group 27 battery. The closest battery to one that would have been used at the factory I found available is at BatteryCentralMall.com. The group 27 battery they have has a warranty tag, red caps and a black case. So my questions are these.

1. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with these batteries?

2. I know the warranty tag is wrong for an assembly line battery but would the case be black or would the raised letters be painted red?
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Reproduction Group 27 Battery
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 12:17:04 PM »
My understanding is that a 69 Dearborn 428 car with A/C had a group 27 battery. The closest battery to one that would have been used at the factory I found available is at BatteryCentralMall.com. The group 27 battery they have has a warranty tag, red caps and a black case. So my questions are these.

1. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with these batteries?

2. I know the warranty tag is wrong for an assembly line battery but would the case be black or would the raised letters be painted red?
I have no experience with BatteryCentralMall.com the co. that is selling the repro battery. The group 27 battery is the typical size that would come in a 69 Dearborn 428 car with or without A/C .ECS sells the proper assemblyline sticker for the group 27 battery used. The case was black and in this time frame and the raised letters on top were painted red.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby