Author Topic: 1969 Mustang/Shelby/Cougar Convertible Well Liner  (Read 340 times)

Offline bjf1992

1969 Mustang/Shelby/Cougar Convertible Well Liner
« on: July 05, 2022, 11:25:18 PM »
I'm getting ready to install the convertible top on my '69 Cougar. It appears DeadNutsOn is no longer selling the concours correct well liner.
Does anyone here know where to source the cardboard backing that was used? I'm going to have to do my best to recreate the original the best I can.

I have my original to use as a template, but my cardboard backing is pretty warped and beat up.
1969 Q Code Standard Cougar Convertible P/S, P/B, A/C
Pastel Grey, Lt. Blue interior Black Top
Built April 2nd, Dearborn

1969 Mustang Sportsroof
September 68 Build date, Metuchen

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1969 Mustang/Shelby/Cougar Convertible Well Liner
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 11:51:20 PM »
I'm getting ready to install the convertible top on my '69 Cougar. It appears DeadNutsOn is no longer selling the concours correct well liner.
Does anyone here know where to source the cardboard backing that was used? I'm going to have to do my best to recreate the original the best I can.

I have my original to use as a template, but my cardboard backing is pretty warped and beat up.
That is the problem no source for the special cardboard. If it was available Deadnutson would have it. I talked to Jack at length recently about the problem as I am in need of one too. Only non OEM type materials available at this time to use to finish off a well liner.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ninedrvr

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 10:22:38 AM »
I would just install a standard well liner for the interim and replace it when Jack gets a new source for the proper liners.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:57:49 PM by Bob Gaines »
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 05:58:19 PM »
I would just install a standard well liner for the interim and replace it when Jack gets a new source for the proper liners.
God willing. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 06:00:18 PM »
 FYI for those reading, the liner material that the liner is made of is not the problem issue but the special waterproof and flexible cardboard that is sewn to the liner that is not available is . A liner without the cardboard will work fine without the cardboard just not assemblyline correct.