Author Topic: Spoilers and Louvers 69 Mach 1  (Read 677 times)

Offline ClevelandKid

Spoilers and Louvers 69 Mach 1
« on: March 15, 2023, 08:32:46 PM »
Were spoilers and Louvers available on 69 Mach 1s or Just Boss 302s ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:09:55 PM by carlite65 »
Mustang country. Get the women,kids and Chevys off the streets.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Spoilers and Louvers 69 Mach 1
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 05:35:20 PM »
If I recall correctly there were no Mach I's built with louvers and spoilers. Some of the judging organizations have let them get by at shows, then later they let them slide if it was a later built car (after the Boss 302 was introduced) then later deducted for any on non- 69 Boss 302's but that is not the focus here.  Don't recall anyone ever producing any original documentation of a car receiving with of them on original forms before the original sale of the car.

Yes you see allot of cars that have had them added - a very popular modification
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ClevelandKid

Re: Spoilers and Louvers 69 Mach 1
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 11:22:07 AM »
Thanks Jeff. I worked at a Ford dealer in 69 and remember the day a portable parking lot pulled with 6 brand new 69 Mach 1s and seemed to recall 2 or 3 had louvers and spoilers but I could be wrong. That was 54 years ago. All the sales people came out to look at the newly restyled Mustangs. 4 years later I bought a 70 Mach1 that did have louvers and spoilers. I still own it and is unrestored and still has the factory paint. In 1970 the dealership mover closer to my home and I worked right across from the guys who installed dealer installed factory options. Spoilers were shipped in the trunk and louvers were sent to the dealer for installation.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:31:26 AM by ClevelandKid »
Mustang country. Get the women,kids and Chevys off the streets.