Author Topic: exhaust manifolds for 351W on my 1969 Mach1  (Read 793 times)

Offline JRW69

exhaust manifolds for 351W on my 1969 Mach1
« on: May 18, 2023, 09:39:42 AM »
Hi
I have decided to take off my old Hooker headers due to some leaks and general wear. I have considered going back to stock exhaust manifolds and not having to deal with header fitment issues and z bar clearance issues. Does anyone have suggestions for where to get new repro manifolds that should be easy install. I am not real concerned about increased hp and  performance from headers.  Any ideas pro and con would be helpful. Not sure if I want to go the used E Bay route, would prefer new.
I am new to forum but have been reading on forum for 12 years since I restored my Mach1.

Many Thanks

1969 Mach1
Dearborn build June 6, 1969
351W 4 bl
4 speed toploader

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: exhaust manifolds for 351W on my 1969 Mach1
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 11:22:37 AM »
PM sent.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 03:52:04 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Don't believe there are reproduction so you should likely focus a search for originals from the "dry" state areas of the country to reduce the chances of buying and using ones that have heavy pitting from rust. Depending on you focus for the restoration date codes on the manifolds may or may not be a concern. You can find an article in the Library on how to read casting dates and what they look like.

As far as installation there is no easy way but since its a small block its not really IMHO a difficult task but since your changing from headers you looking at also having to replace part of all of the exhaust systems also.  Let us know if we can help further - That's what we're here for
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline JRW69

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 05:30:19 PM »
Thanks Jeff
Yes, I will have to redo all the exhaust, but it needs upgrade anyway. Install should be easier than full new headers. I received email from Bob Gaines who had a set of exhaust that I am interested in.

Thanks