Author Topic: GT350 Auto Drive shaft details request  (Read 743 times)

Offline aboss4tg

GT350 Auto Drive shaft details request
« on: September 03, 2023, 10:01:45 AM »
Working on my 69 GT350 fastback automatic and trying to find photos of the three paint stripe colors that were applied at the factory. Looking at The Coral Snake site they list, CH, LA, WT. Anyone confirm what these colors are?

Todd
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:36:05 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Drive shaft details
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 11:37:31 PM »
Guess you missed the search button above since this has been covered in other threads  ;) Remember in searching for topics not to narrow down the search too much. Like one might want to d in this example and include the word "Shelby" since the Mustang shared the same driveline  in this case

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=3121.msg16697#msg16697

For you or for others reading this thread there are also a couple of threads on restoring original drive lines/shafts and an article in the Library on that also

Those codes are also listed in an article in the Library under each years section. Look for Paint Marks - The Basics Examples and codes are towards the back of the article. Lavender can sometimes take on a more pinkish look in some original examples.

CH, LA, WT are simply Chartreuse, Lavender, White

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline aboss4tg

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 06:33:00 AM »
TY Jeff. I did try and search but did not put enough details as you mentioned.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 02:57:53 PM »
TY Jeff. I did try and search but did not put enough details as you mentioned.

Search can be tricky at times so that is the reason I mention it and the words I used to find threads. Don't over look the Library section I know its a ways down on the first page of the site and sometimes gets "lost" to people. :)

Glad we could answer your question
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)