Author Topic: Quality of Reproduction '70 Door Glass?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Quality of Reproduction '70 Door Glass?
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
I'm near the point of needing to install the window glass in my '69 Mach 1 project.  This car came with two complete '70 doors, so I have all of the brackets and other parts needed to convert to the bolt-in door glass.  Since my original doors were long gone, so was the original glass for my car, so I really couldn't go back to glue-in windows unless it was a last resort.

I've tried placing want ads for a good set of Sun-X door glasses, but all I keep finding are coupes.  How's the quality of the reproduction glass?  Would anyone here consider it for a show car?  I'm sure it's etched differently, so it'd probably be obvious that it's replacement glass.

In short, I need advice.  What should I do?
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Quality of Reproduction '70 Door Glass?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:44 AM »
Used all new glass in the 69 GT350 I finished last year - I found some slight differences in shape and form but though I had heard of problems we didn't have any.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
I'd like to recommend P S Auto Glass in WI. I got a new windsheild and door glass for my '65 Convertible from them, they etched the correct logos and dates on the glass (Sun X) and it matches the 47 year old vents and quarters perfectly. These guys were very good to deal with too!!

www.psautoglass.com

Offline c9zx

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
+1 on PS auto glass.
Thanks, Chuck

1969 G code Cougar Eliminator
1972 Q code Mach 1, auto, air, 2F05Q183426, 03/16/72
CSX 7031