Author Topic: New FoMoCo Script Headlights-Coming Soon!  (Read 11850 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Thank you Brant!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:36 PM »
Brant,
I can see, I can see, I can see! I just received a set of the bulbs and it's like night and day! (yes, pun intended!) Oh and the V is fine with me - V for Victory! Thank you Brant for making a great product and +1 for making the little mustang safer to drive!

Thanks for the comments.  It is always a compromise when a part is reproduced such as this one.  Ultimately, Scott Drake made the decision, and it is a neat part.  Not everyone would have chosen that particular logo, halogen light, etc., but again, it worked out well.  It is really nicer and looks more original (because of the flutes in the glass) than the previous Wagner bulb that used to be available.

Offline ruppstang

Re: New FoMoCo Script Headlights-Coming Soon!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »
I bet you could sand off the V and polish if it is that important.

Offline sparky65

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 11:41:16 AM »
I bet you could sand off the V and polish if it is that important.

No you cant.  Its cast into the glass.  The outside is smooth already except for the 'Sealed Beam' text and some other bumps.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline sparky65

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Just got mine installed today.  They look great if you ask me.  The one thing you can notice is the blue tip of the halogen bulb itself.  Not sure if that's how it was originally.  Well you have to look really closely to see it.

Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
Do these absolutely have to be Blue like that? I know that alot of the bulbs being made for newer cars lately seem to be Blue, but I don't think the off the shelf common Halogen's (seald beams) are like that....