Author Topic: 67/early 68 AC+PS pulleys & a heap of other parts!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
67/early 68 AC+PS pulleys & a heap of other parts!
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:03:00 AM »
I am after a full set of AC + PS pulleys for a december 67 San Jose J code Coupe.

i need all tensioners and brackets too. everything was removed.

i also need the control panel fascia or repair my one. if anyone has had any long term success with a repair please let me know.

other parts required:

PCV, Hose & correct Oil filler cap
CARbureTER button top fuel pump
68 autolite 4300 dashpot and choke
C8 thermostat housing inlet for 302w
68 24inch radiator San Jose (unreco'd is fine) + shroud
68 original black dash
Diff Tag 3.0:1 J code late 67 date?
C8 302w waterpump
correct battery tray
Group 22 battery (can someone tell me if the AC cars used group 24 over 22? that would be much easier!)
Late 67 Jack and J bolt, wingnut for standard rims
4xStandard 68 rims to fit discs (my car has 4 rims all fomoco but with different stamping profiles)

i think thats about it for the big easy to identify items. lots of small stuff once i get it all together... if there is anything on the list that is reproduced to concourse standards i don't know about, please contact me!

any leads on places to get rebuild items appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67/early 68 AC+PS pulleys & a heap of other parts!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
I am after a full set of AC + PS pulleys for a december 67 San Jose J code Coupe.

i need all tensioners and brackets too. everything was removed.

i also need the control panel fascia or repair my one. if anyone has had any long term success with a repair please let me know.

other parts required:

PCV, Hose & correct Oil filler cap
CARbureTER button top fuel pump
68 autolite 4300 dashpot and choke
C8 thermostat housing inlet for 302w
68 24inch radiator San Jose (unreco'd is fine) + shroud
68 original black dash
Diff Tag 3.0:1 J code late 67 date?
C8 302w waterpump
correct battery tray
Group 22 battery (can someone tell me if the AC cars used group 24 over 22? that would be much easier!)
Late 67 Jack and J bolt, wingnut for standard rims
4xStandard 68 rims to fit discs (my car has 4 rims all fomoco but with different stamping profiles)

i think thats about it for the big easy to identify items. lots of small stuff once i get it all together... if there is anything on the list that is reproduced to concourse standards i don't know about, please contact me!

any leads on places to get rebuild items appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim
You would need a 24 F with A/C. Good thing because 22F is not available in repro (unless people start fussing at vendors). I have a rebuilt/replated fuel pump for 275.00 if you are interested PM me with your email address and i will send pictures. The best of luck with your search. Bob 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline tim_morrison82

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »
Thanks Bob, i will try an make arrangements.

Can someone tell me the process of sending internationally from the US and why so many people prefer not to ship outside the US?

i will be looking into signing up with a reshipper to get a us based address.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:37:33 PM by tim_morrison82 »
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »
I am still after a fuel pump despite Bobs generosity, it seems Bob will not sell outside the US.

If anyone can else can help with one, that would be greatly appreciated.

IMHO a mustang enthusiast is a mustang enthusiast no matter where they are from. And if an enthusiast is going concours and is in another country doesnt that reflect extremely well on the entire mustang community?

But i dont know, maybe i am wrong???

I just hope that people who do not sell outside the US is because they dont know how, and that they arent discriminating against people in the same community, even if they do live across borders or overseas.

All i am asking is a fair go to those who are committing themselves to this hobby, to get their car concours no matter the cost.  We are no different to any other person undergoing the exact same thing in the US. We shouldnt need to ask for equal rights should we?
Mis understandings by irresponsible people like yourself are how wars start ;)  Irresponsible because If you reread my email to you it says "I will not "ship" outside the US.  It dosens't say anything about  "sell"  !!!!  You speak English and so should understand that both words have different definitions and hence impart a different meaning into a text!!  It is not my fault you live half way around the world or is it my obligation to go through the extra hasslle it takes to ship items to you. Hassle because- I have had to deal with the freight through the cheapest route that can be "tracked" because insistances to save money (added up to hours of research in the past ).I have had to eat shipping overages , figureing out which is the right paper work for which country (more time ) , additional correspondence when it takes weeks for items to arrive and buyer wants to know status(more time). Plus on top of that  numerious friends have gotten stiffed and have had payment charges reversed because the seller said he never got the item . Although that has never happened to me I do not want to have a FIRST time. I don't do this for a living and when I ship overseas it is so infrequent it is like the first time learning curve all over again.  Sorry if this bothers you but as much as I would like to make all the out of country buyers happy it is not worth the aggravation to sell outside of the US for me. Maybe this will help you understand why someone is reluctant or will not ship to you. I am just making back restoration revenue for my cars and not a big profit as you can see by my low price compared to the already reasonable price Fred Ballard charges for fuelpump restoration. It is not about country trade protectionist view it is about ALL OF THE HASSLE TO SHIP outside of the US. I hope you better understand the issue at hand . I don't mind "SELLING" outside the US but I don't want to hassle with what it takes to "SHIP" outside the US. Next time before you get on your soap box and feel the urge to imply negitive veiws towards another enthusiest who you think wronged you - ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE PUTTING YOUR TYPING FINGERS INTO GEAR !!! >:(  Thank you for modifying your above post to reflect understanding. I will continue to help with information advice as I have in the past. It is unfortunate others don't understand the hassle involved and choose to have sour grapes and insult instead. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:47:20 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »
I thought I would mention that I have sold items to buyers outside the US and when I do they have had a friend in the US buy the item for them with the US paypal account and shipped to the US address ( paypal confirmed address mandatory) where the friend takes on the responsibility of shipment issues outside the US. Most outside US buyers are not able to find a US friend or acquaintance to do it on those terms or don't want to go through the extra hassle. They get a taste of what I have gone through on outside US shipping and the reasons why I don't want to do it anymore directly.   

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »
In the "been there, done that" (or had it done to me) department, I too am reluctant to sell/ship out side of the USA, Canada excepted. There is so much hassle from the US Postal Service, UPS and Fedex for overseas shipping that when I sell stuff (from cars to nuts and bolts) I state (like on e-bay) "USA only". It's not with malace, it's not about conspiracy, it's not even the money, it's the paperwork (close to an anal exam at times) required. I did get lucky one time where I sold some parts to a guy in England who was in the US Navy. I used his FPO address. It was an exception. Years back, my grandmother would send "care packages" to a country behind the iron cutrain with little problem. In the current world it would not happen. Bottom line, Bob has it right.
Jim 
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline tim_morrison82

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
I would like to thank all of the above replies for putting my issues to bed. The cause of most my frustration is not hearing back from people once asked a question or a single line response saying sorry i wont sell or ship/ship to outside the US. This answers all my questions why.

I will not only learn from this but i will also pass this message to the local guys here who are similarly frustrated.

i will clean up my comments above.

Thanks guys

Offline tim_morrison82

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
I have tracked down a correct waterpump, and i am waiting on a call back from my shipping agent for a quote on shipping an almost complete pulley bracket and compressor package.

Still missing the crank pulley, and the non adjustable tensioner pulley.

I also picked up a nos radio, which i am happy about.

thanks guys for your help! Tim

Offline Oz390

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:36 AM »
Sorry, the "hassle" involves filling out a simple form that takes maybe, two minutes. 

I go to the US every year (sometimes 2-3 times ) and generally buy so much stuff I can't fit in in the empty suitcases I bring.  So I ship to myself, is no huge drama...   unless you are shipping banned items. I shipped 3 boxes to myself last June, was in the Post office maybe 10 minutes (small town, not much of a line, and you can save time by grabbing a stack of international forms and prefilling before arrival).

USPS International Flat Rate is fantastic.  I've had at least 100 items shipped from more accomodating vendors, never a problem, show up in 5-15 days.  Tracking is limited, but when a FedEX item went missing (asit's safer, per the sender) their tracking proved useless (it was never found...)  I have never had a USPS item not show up.

Up to the individual, but just laugh when the "its too hard" excuse is thrown out... no harder than shipping insured FedEx or UPS internally in the US...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:53:30 AM by Oz390 »
8R03S : 76A I 2A 15M 72 5 U
8R01S : 65A B 2A 28M 72 7 5 - Factory GT
8R01C : 65A M 2A 01E 72 2 W - Cal Special
8F01X : 65A I 2A 2G 20E 24 1 U - EXP500 repli-bute

Offline tim_morrison82

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 02:23:28 AM »
I have found a choke, was already in my possesion, just hidden away...

I have tracked down most of the ac parts now, one tensioner pulley to go i think.

I have a repro scott drake battery tray, its not great. Is this the best available?