Author Topic: Early 65 vert value ?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Brian Conway

Early 65 vert value ?
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
     Well my brother just came by with the news " I think I want to sell the Mustang. What do you think I can get for it " ?  He didn't like my best guess so I thought  some of you guys might like to take a shot. 
     My brother has had this car for at least 20 years.  Has done only what was needed to keep it drivable and no more.  The car has always been in Southern California and I would guess that he is the third owner. On a scale of one, the best, to Six, the worst, my guess is a # four driver.  The floors probably need to at least be patched, fenders and doors have the usual rust at bottoms and edges.  Sheet metal has dents and scuffs here and there.  Not awful but still will need work.  Doors, window, hood and trunk all operate as they should.  The motor has at least 130,000 miles and runs just fine.  The car has never seen over 1000 mile in any given year since he has had it and is mostly garaged.
     The car has most of the original parts wheels, covers, glass and interior seats trims and panels. Has power steering, generator & shield, non power drum brakes, power top/not working.
     I don't get involved with convertables so I come up a little short on the restoration and finished product costs.  My best  estimate for a $27,000 restored driver quality car would be about $17,000 in restoration costs.  making the cars present value $10,000. 
     It is an early car, is mostly original and is not beyond restoration so any body more familiar with this sort of project care to take a shot at the value ?  Thanks,  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
Re: Early 65 vert value ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
You were pretty close on price (maybe kind) and he is thinking OH NO these cars sell for $20K all the time ! Right?

WE know people that "restore cars" and we know people that "WATCH" Barrett Jackson !  (Which category is he in)

Mark
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969