Author Topic: Check out this video  (Read 2017 times)

priceless

Check out this video
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
Check out this Mustang video of Martha Reeves and the Vandellas. actually shot in a Plant while Mustangs were bring produced...Cool video.

I particularly like how FAST that gentleman put that engine down in the bay, and you could see the guys underneath doing their job,,,,Awesome video.....Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:49:20 PM by priceless »

Offline MattDoscher

Re: Check out this video
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
Look how fast they paint the hood!  No wonder these cars rusted as fast as they did!  I like the huge air gun the worker used to tighten all lug nuts at once!
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
That's one of my favorite videos.  Can't get over how some of the things were done on the assembly line.  Can you imagine doing some of that stuff all day long, day in and day out?
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
I still want to know how they just slapped those fenders on and then at the end, the hood just drops right in  perfectly.  Did they have some kind of a jig/template that they put in there while the fenders were being tightened in place to get the correct spacing for the hood? :o
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

priceless

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »
Look how fast they paint the hood!  No wonder these cars rusted as fast as they did.....
I think that is primer cause of the dust factor and they look to be all the same primer looking color,,,just my observation.

priceless

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
I still want to know how they just slapped those fenders on and then at the end, the hood just drops right in  perfectly.  Did they have some kind of a jig/template that they put in there while the fenders were being tightened in place to get the correct spacing for the hood?
If you look close it looks like there is some sort of stop block when the two men are putting the hood on, can't really tell though, but there is something definitely a darker color down next to the cowl....just my observation.

If you Google this video and bring up the one were the guy who actually choreographed and wrote the words to the song in this video,,,,He said,in a matter of words, Ford WAS NOT going to stop the assembly line and that Ford really was objectionable to making it from the start.....Enjoy.