Author Topic: Repo Marti Auto Works window sticker question  (Read 2716 times)

Offline austexstang

Repo Marti Auto Works window sticker question
« on: January 26, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »
So, I'm filling out the info form to order a Marti window sticker for this car: 5F07C7660**  , 65A Y 22 21T 36 6 6, and it's asking about tires for my V8, nylon, white wall, etc.  My question is: how do I know what the car came with from the factory?  How can I tell?  Thanks.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Repo Marti Auto Works window sticker question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »
The only way you would know that is from a build sheet/order form or original window sticker.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
So, I'm filling out the info form to order a Marti window sticker for this car: 5F07C7660**  , 65A Y 22 21T 36 6 6, and it's asking about tires for my V8, nylon, white wall, etc.  My question is: how do I know what the car came with from the factory?  How can I tell?  Thanks.
The standard tire for a V8 was a 6.95 x 14 black sidewall. Extra charge were applied to nylon, white sidewalls and dual redlines. Depending on what your goal is for your car, you might check out what Coker Tire http://cokertire.com/ is currently selling, order a set, fill in the blanks on Marti's form and be happy. Get creative.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »
The only way you would know that is from a build sheet/order form or original window sticker.

That's what I was afraid of....  I appreciate the info.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
The standard tire for a V8 was a 6.95 x 14 black sidewall. Extra charge were applied to nylon, white sidewalls and dual redlines. Depending on what your goal is for your car, you might check out what Coker Tire http://cokertire.com/ is currently selling, order a set, fill in the blanks on Marti's form and be happy. Get creative.
Jim
Thank you Jim, you have confirmed what I was thinking.  I currently have bias ply whitewalls on the car so I think I'll take your advice and fill in the form that way.
Leo

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »
I don't think anybody will fault you for guessing on such an item.  The most common tire would have been a std. whitewall.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »
I don't think anybody will fault you for guessing on such an item.  The most common tire would have been a std. whitewall.
I think that would be an "optional" vs "std." whitewall.
My original 65 window sticker is attached.
Jim
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:39:06 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »
I think that would be an "optional" vs "std." whitewall.
My original 65 window sticker is attached.
Jim

Thank you for attaching a picture of your sticker, it's great that you have the original. 

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 06:07:54 PM »
When I got the car in 1993, the seller handed me the window sticker, the original owners manual and the original dealer installed floor mats. A couple of months later a friend handed me the invoice.
Jim

Offline austexstang

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:35 PM »
When I got the car in 1993, the seller handed me the window sticker, the original owners manual and the original dealer installed floor mats. A couple of months later a friend handed me the invoice.
Jim
That's awesome.