Author Topic: Thumbs Down Scott Drake C5ZZ-16A052-E concours export brace  (Read 7821 times)

Offline RadBOSS

Re: Thumbs Down Scott Drake C5ZZ-16A052-E concours export brace
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »
I recently installed a concours version from CJ Pony Parts on a 70 mach I.  It took a little encouragement to line up, but it did fit w/o having to unload the suspension, hammer or modify anything.

My experience has been to complain to the supplier and manufacturer when you get a part that does not meet your expectations. Maybe I have been lucky or just persistent,  but 9 out of 10 occurrences I get back a replacement part that is correct or I get the manufacturer to make the necessary changes to make the part right.

As mentioned above,  if we don't complain or challenge the supplier / manufacturer and suffer in silence (except here),  nothing will change.

Its good that Scott Drake were finally contacted about this particular issue.  I recently got them to sort out a dimensional issue with two of the heater box seals which were not exactly to the correct dimensions.  The replacements were perfect and the kit changed accordingly.

Being an overseas buyer understandably aggravates and complicates correction of the problem.

Of course CJ are on my black list now because of their 30 day return policy.  I had a throttle cable from them that was incorrectly manufactured.  This was a project car i was collecting parts for,  so the cable was not installed the day it arrived.  The steel sheath did not have enough material to hang on so would fall off.  They did not care if it was defective,  30 days is 30 days,  eat it.  I contacted NPD.  They used the same supplier.  They checked all their inventory and found a number of defective ones,  and made their supplier take them back.  I ordered one of the good ones and its perfect.

Anyways,  best of luck sorting out your particular problem.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:16:59 PM by RadBOSS »