Author Topic: sail panel retainers  (Read 942 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

sail panel retainers
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
im looking to try a different sail panel retainer clip  for my 70 sail panels as the ones i have pop back out, i see AMK has several in there cat on page 158, any ideas,  thanks.

Offline rockhouse66

Re: sail panel retainers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »
I have heard of velcro being used, which sounds like a good idea to me.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 02:34:42 PM »
Sail panels are just a pain to keep in place especially the repo version it seems from personal experience and other testimonies on the forums

Have tried velcro but had issues with it sticking to the backing - so tried hot glue and that worked a little better. Ended up tucking the material inside the rear window gasket and using velcro for the leading edge and its holding for now.

Not sure what a good spirited run with the windows down will produce - just what I'm trying ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »

Not sure what a good spirited run with the windows down will produce - just what I'm trying ;)

I've never seen anyone drag race with a 69/70 sportsroof with the windows DOWN, they should be OK at speeds below 70  :D
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments