Author Topic: Door reassembly. ( Regulators, glass, vent window, etc.)  (Read 928 times)

1967 eight barrel

Door reassembly. ( Regulators, glass, vent window, etc.)
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:11 AM »
My question would pertain to order of reassembly. I was planning on re-installing everything and installing the window last. The track is going to be on the regulator, which will only require me screwing the window back onto the track prior to finalizing the fit and installing the stops. Does anyone see an issue with going about it in this fashion?
I watched Jeff Ford's clip on this and the only justification I could see for putting the vent window in last was because he had installed power windows. I read the Ford Service Manual and the Osborne assembly guide, which doesn't specify the order shown in the video.

-Keith

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Door reassembly. ( Regulators, glass, vent window, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »
Interesting question...I have always on these 67-8's put the vent in first, adjusted to the window surround weatherstrip next,  regulator & track like you mentioned, screwing the glass in next and adjust the glass to land on the window surround weatherstrip next, (weatherstips last, dropping glass very low with bumper/stop removed to allow access to the weatherstrip screws)

THERE MAY BE BETTER WAYS, I am curious to hear!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

Re: Door reassembly. ( Regulators, glass, vent window, etc.)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
Sanjose:
That makes sense to me as well, being the vent window dictates much the fit as it lines up with the A pillar which all other adjustments are made secondary to.