Author Topic: 67 BB Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.  (Read 1821 times)

1967 eight barrel

67 BB Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:43:18 AM »
Should these be bright, as the NOS replacements are, or were they originally Phosphate?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:23:50 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
Should these be bright, as the NOS replacements are, or were they originally Phosphate?
You would have to be more specific because there are variations by year and application . In your 67 GT500 case (same as 390/428 67/69) the clutch rod, Z bar , the chassis side bracket , and block side bracket were bare steel . Maybe very light zinc phosphate coat.The pedal was half diped semiglos black.  FYI the block and chassis side brackets are different then 69/70. Start a new thread for info there for search purposes if interested.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:12:04 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 BB Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »
Fixed header ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:24:03 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

Re: 67 Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »
Did I list the wrong year?  It's a '67 500. The Ford NOS parts I purchased in the 80's are actually a bright zinc finish. All three components are. I have seen them more on the dark gray color.
                                                                                -Keith

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
Did I list the wrong year?  It's a '67 500. The Ford NOS parts I purchased in the 80's are actually a bright zinc finish. All three components are. I have seen them more on the dark gray color.
                                                                                -Keith
Ford changed from bare metal to the zinc plating of those particular service parts starting in 1970. The 70 428 SJ's clutch components were silver on the assemblyline too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
Did I list the wrong year?  It's a '67 500..........

No you didn't specify any year or application. Makes it easier for others who may search or read the thread later if we're specific
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

1967 eight barrel

Re: 67 BB Clutch Rod, Pedal to Z Bar, and Z bar.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
Yes, I usually don't forget to post the application. Based on the typo I was tired and half asleep. Being it would be the same, Shelby or Mustang I elected to post here.  In the Dallas area there doesn't seem to be many Shelbys. Growing up and living in So Ca, I knew the whereabouts of probably 20 vehicles and they were taken out to the local cruise nights; Most were agreeable to let you look the vehicles over thoroughly, or use it for a reference. Despite this being considered the south, it is in geographical location only. Lacking are the manners and politeness I noted while stationed in the south east, or the deep south. Even most in So Ca had some sense of social graces.

-Keith
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:18:00 PM by 1967 eight barrel »