Author Topic: Early 65 Engine decals & details - generator, starter, PCV valve, etc.  (Read 1779 times)

Offline sdgrant

I've noticed new (to me) decals available for early '65 cars with a generator: 

1.  "C2OF-10000-0"generator decal (mine has the correct generator shield, so would this even be visible?)
2.  "C2AF-11001-A" starter decal
3.  "FAC-12029-A" coil decal
4.  A PCV valve plastic ring, found in Virginia Mustang's catalog, that I assume goes around the base of the PCV valve.
5.  Also in Virginia Mustang, a Generator Warning tag

I don't want to over-decal the engine area with trivial or unnecessary clutter, but I do want to be correct and present the car correctly.  Any advice on these for a 4/20/64 260 V8 auto. Pace Car coupe?
Steve Grant
MCA Certified Judge, '64½ - '66 class
1964½ Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Engine decals & details - generator, starter, PCV valve, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »
I've noticed new (to me) decals available for early '65 cars with a generator: 

1.  "C2OF-10000-0"generator decal (mine has the correct generator shield, so would this even be visible?)
2.  "C2AF-11001-A" starter decal
3.  "FAC-12029-A" coil decal
4.  A PCV valve plastic ring, found in Virginia Mustang's catalog, that I assume goes around the base of the PCV valve.
5.  Also in Virginia Mustang, a Generator Warning tag

I don't want to over-decal the engine area with trivial or unnecessary clutter, but I do want to be correct and present the car correctly.  Any advice on these for a 4/20/64 260 V8 auto. Pace Car coupe?

Believe all have been available for a while - though these may be new versions or from a new provider.

1-3 were originally ink stamps so would not suggest that they be used on a Concours car

There is some debate if cars on the line had PCV plastic rings or just on service parts  - may depend on what year

IMHO if the stamps or decals originally came on the car those should return - but I'm sure we both have seen incorrect and improper (for the application) ones being applied.

Some of us have even witnessed owners cutting the decals apart so they could make new and different ones then applying those made up ones to their cars :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)