Author Topic: Thoroughbred quality 1970 original deluxe door trim panels  (Read 725 times)

Offline cobrajetchris

I am listing my prized deluxe door trim panels for a 1970 model that I have had stored away for almost 25 years.  I planned on using them on a 69 model but found out there is just too many differences. The panels were removed from a low mileage 70 Mach1 in 1991. They have been stored carefully inside my house ever since. In my opinion these panels are as close to a pair of N.O.S panels you can get. There are no tears or water damage to these panels, never been cut on for speakers and never been restored. the only thing these panels need is to either die or replace the carpet as the drive side is showing some wear and both are a little faded. There is a dimple in the passenger side of the panel were one of the attaching spring clips go as seen in the photos. This probably happened at the plant as I don't think they were ever removed except by me. The wood grain, chrome trim are perfect, no pits in the light bezels or burns in the lenses. The door glass felt is like new with the original staples attaching them. There are NO reproduction or reconditioned parts on these panels. The reproduction panels are getting better but not the same and if you insist on genuine parts these panels are for you. I am asking $5,000 for the pair and open to reasonable offers before I list them on E bay. I will quote what one high end restorer always states in his ads: Reproduction parts have no collector value.
CHRIS KNOBBE
69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978
70 BOSS 302 MUSTANG, DEARBORN BUILT 10/24/69 OWNED SINCE 1987
69 R CODE MACH1 AUTO, DEARBORN BUILT 10/10/68 OWNED SINCE 2006
69 R CODE MACH1 4 SPEED (factory black) SAN JOSE BUILT 12/30/68 OWNED SINCE 2007