Author Topic: Windshield moldings. Who makes a decent fitting set for a 1967?  (Read 1060 times)

1967 eight barrel

Yes, I know this is a concourse forum, but I am too far down the rabbit hole to go looking for Ford ones. The Corvex went onto the back window fantastically. The front set Dallas mustang supplied was a plain bag and they will not clip. I have already damaged the paint, well the installer did. So, someone please point me in the  right direction.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Windshield moldings. Who makes a decent fitting set for a 1967?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:25:13 AM »
Yes, I know this is a concourse forum, but I am too far down the rabbit hole to go looking for Ford ones. The Corvex went onto the back window fantastically. The front set Dallas mustang supplied was a plain bag and they will not clip. I have already damaged the paint, well the installer did. So, someone please point me in the  right direction.
The repro front windshield trim parts are marginal at best. The ford parts were on EVERY Mustsng 65-68 which equates into several Million cars.  Also used on 67/68 Cougars too. That adds more supply and possible parts venues to look. Every place that sells used Mustang parts is a possible source. Try West Coast Cougar. Scott is a frequent contributor here.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
I used the after market once on a non concourse car, I will not go that way again.  I use restored Ford moldings on every project. They are far cheaper that what you have experienced.
Marty

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
I think that would be ideal, however I just don't see many sets that someone with a hammer didn't remove. You can get deep quickly in a set that needs work before polishing. I had the trim on my deluxe door panels and seat trim polished. There wasn't a single flaw in those, yet they charged 150.00 to polish them. I used Joe Stubblefield in So Ca. Always did great work and very fair. He was in Paramount, Ca. Now that I am in the Dallas area there just doesn't seem to be the numbers or quality of work here. The prices what what is here is exaggerated as well.

-Dan