1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Boss

69 Boss 302 Paint dabs

(1/2) > >>

BigG:
Hello, I am in the last stages of restoration of my 69 B2 . Were talking Paint dabs on front and rear springs etc. I forgot to add that its a April 23 69 Dearborn car. Pictures if possible

mustangmann:
Hey BigG;

Do you have the original build sheet for your car?  If so, it will have the color of the paint marks that you are looking for.  As for where to put them, I do not have photos of any other cars, but I know that there are a few people on this forum who do.  I am sure they will chime in soon.  Also, looks like you have an early production 69 B302.  I would be interested in talking to you, as I own an April 30 build 69 B302, and I am trying to gather information regarding the early cars.  You can PM me, or mustangmann@charter.net  Thanks!

Ken Mann

BigG:
I do not have the build sheet.The car was mostly disassembled when i bought it. However i did find a OC sheet.I can't read what it says but its something to do with paint.

J_Speegle:
First - Welcome

Like Ken I also have a pretty early Boss 302 (April 24th build for mine) #188388

Front springs were marked with 2 Gold and 1 violet stripes

Rear springs were marked with   I green and 2 brown stripes on the long leaf just in front of the rear shackle

This according on buildsheets and documented on original cars from your car's period

Will post a couple of pictures to help tomorrow- getting late ;)

BigG:
Hello Jeff,
       Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version